Getting started with flixel-gdx
Demos & Test examples
flixel-gdx comes with a set of demo games and test examples. The demos are a good way to get familiar with the engine. Try the following demos:
- Mode: a fully featured game, with enemies and procedural level generation by Adam Saltsman.
- FlxInvader: a shabby space invaders clone by Adam Saltsman.
- EZPlatformer: a simple, one-file platforming game with tilemaps and collectibles by Adam Saltsman.
- I Can Hold My Breah Forever: Experimental Gameplay Project entry by Jake Elliott
- Tons of test examples, they can be downloaded at GitHub.
flixel in different platforms and languages:
- Flixel, the original flixel written in AS3.
- Flixel Community, based on the original and is maintained by the community of flixel.
- HaxeFlixel, written with the Haxe language.
- Flixel for Monkey, written in the Monkey language.
- BlueGin, written in the C++ language.
- FlxSharp, written in the C# language and uses MonoGame as framework.